One of the beautiful part of Croatia, it is Slavonia and Baranja. Rivers, fields, nature, forests……all the richness of Croatia.
- Kopacki rit in Baranja is the biggest flooded area on the entire European continent. It is between the Danube and Drava rivers. Due to its sights and great biological diversity, in 1967 Kopacki rit was declared as a protected area and a nature park. Kopacki rit is the habitat for rare and endangered species of wading birds. Nature Park extends over 17,700 hectares. Due to its specific micro relief, Kopacki rit has different types of vegetation: different types of forests and water vegetation. Autochthonous flora and vegetation offer favorable living conditions for animals and many interesting plants.
- Tikves castle is a complex of buildings with smaller, hunting and the main castle. It was built in the 19th century. Tikves served as a summer residence and hunting lodge till the World War I. The main castle was built in the 20th century. After World War II, Josip Broz Tito came to the castle with his guests.
- Visiting Kopacki rit – Nature Park, is the best to start by exploring educational paths of the reception center to the lake of Sakadas where you will see the table with pictures and descriptions of the animals and the characteristics of wetland habitats.
- Special Zoological Reserve covers 8000 ha of the park. Fauna Kopacki rit has 54 species of mammals, more than half of the total number of known species in Croatia. In Kopacki rit, 293 species of birds found their place.
- Papuk was declared as a nature park in 1999. This pearl of nature provides great opportunities for recreation and the perfect place for an active holiday, primarily for climbing.
- Trace of the Middle Ages; from medieval architecture, the most common and the most important are the remains of fortified buildings located on the hills along the Papuk.
- Kamengrad is a fortified city and it is near the village Kamenski Vucjak. It is mentioned as a fortress for the first time in 1421.
- Klak is above the village of Mount Bolus and there you can find poorly preserved remains.
- Lipizzaner horse farm in Ðakovo was founded in 1506 and it is among the oldest in Europe.
- Lipik horse farm was founded in 1938 but its roots back to the 1919th.
- Spacva forest is among the largest integrated forests of common oak in Europe.
- The Castle Prandau- Mailath is one of the first major building in Donji Miholjac. It is built in 1818 for the nobleman’s family Prandau. The building was built in the late-Baroque style, it has two lounges, fourteen rooms, a several kitchen and pantry. In the park around the castle, there is the greenhouse for tropical and winter plants.
- The Castle Prandau-Normann in Valpovo consists of the medieval tower with a portion of the former ramparts of the fortress, the palace chapel, the side yard wings, inner courtyard and baroque-classicist palace façade.
- Slavonski Kobas is situated along the River of Sava and has many interesting monuments.
- Rupnica is a geological monument of nature.
- Bosnjacki and Otocki whirlpools are a natural phenomenon. It is unknown where is the stem of them. We do not know whether they are a river or lake or maybe a swamp. The whirlpools are woodland water. They are rich in fish and Bosnjacki and Otocki whirlpools are a favorite place of fishermen and those who prefer the original beauty, tranquility and relaxing.
Discover Slavonia and Baranja, because they are waiting for you.