Kaštela consists of seven small towns in Croatia, located northwest of the city of Split on the central Dalmatian coast.
The Kastela Riviera is a fertile area. It is divided into Gornja (upper) and Donja Kastela (lower) and it consists of seven old settlements. The Kastela region with its picturesque landscape attracted people since prehistoric times.
TodayKaštela is a tourist resort. You can enjoy on long sandy beach, tennis grounds and under the pine trees.
The Jadro River flows through the town of Solin and provides water supply to Kaštela.
Kaštela are very famous and attract people.
- Kaštel Gomilica was built in the first half of the 16th century by Benedictine nuns from Split.
- In Kaštel Sućurac stands the oldest defensive fortress built in 1392.
- Kaštel Kambelovac was built by the aristocratic family Cambi from Split in 1589.
- Kaštel Lukšić was built as a castle, by the aristocratic family Vitturi from Trogir at the end of the 15th century
- The castle of the Štafilić family was built in 1508 by the Trogirian nobleman Stejpan Štafilić.
- Kaštel Stari, its name means Old Castle. It is old town with beautiful old stone houses.
- Kaštel Novi is beautiful with amazing view of marina and island of Ciovo in front.
Kaštela, beautiful towns in Dalmatia-Croatia.
|Currency used||HRK (kuna)|
Sports & natureIt is possible to find nice sandy beaches in the shade of pine trees, offering clean sea and nice views of Split peninsula and Ciovo island across the Kastela Bay. You can explore islands, bays...
Nightlife infoEnjoy in Dalmatian food, good restaurants..you can visit town of Trogir and Split.
Culture and history infoIn Kaštel Lukšić, there is the Vitturi Palace and Vitturi Park that dates back to the 18th century. Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Kastel Luksic is one of the most impressive churches in Kastela. The New castle dominates on the sea promenade (Riva) and it is one of the most beautiful castles in Kastel Novi.
Unfortunately there are no hotels at this location at the moment.
Unfortunately there are no self-catering offers at this location at the moment.
Unfortunately there are no tour offers at this location at the moment.
Unfortunately there are no cruise offers at this location at the moment.
Unfortunately there are no car rental offers at this location at the moment.
Unfortunately there are no yacht rental offers at this location at the moment.
Unfortunately there are no jet rental offers at this location at the moment.